Babru is a Himachali cuisine of the famous North Indian kachodis. This is basically stuffed with black gram and deep fried.
- black gram daal (1/2 kg )
- flour (1 kg )
- baking powder (1/2 tsp )
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil, sufficient to fry
- Soak the daal in normal room temperature water and leave it for overnight.
- Drain the excess water, wash the daal and grind it to a paste.
- Now add the baking soda to the flour along with some water, 1 tsp of refined oil and knead it well.
- Make small rounds from the dough, and make space in between the balls and add the prepared daal to each ball, and close the daal inside the ball.
- Now roll it like a chappati and deep-fry it.
- Serve hot with any vegetable curry or pickle.