Tripura is a tiny state with rich cultural heritage. The tribe flavor is rich in their culture. Awan Bangui is one of the most famous and popular cuisines of Tripuri. This will require a lot of time but this is done with all patience and dedication.
Awan Bangui Ingredients:
1. Rice- Guria is a special rice which is used in this recipe.
2. Lairu Leaves or Broad Banana Leaves.
3. Binder (waruk)
4. Salt to taste
5. Chopped Onion
6. Chopped Ginger
7. Chopped carrot (optional)
8. Beans (optional)
1. Soak the rice in water for about 1 hour.
2. After an hour drain all the water and strain it completely.
3. Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients – The Guria with chopped Onion, chopped Ginger, and then carrot and beans which is optional.
4. The leaf is folded like a cone.
5. Now fill in the cone with the prepared mixture into it, ensuring that no rice grain get out from the cone. The rice filled should not be nor too full nor too less.
6. Now tie up the open part of the cone using waruk (binder) or any other tying material, No water should be allowed to get into Bangui(wrapped cone) after trying it.
7. Now boil it keeping the flame at moderate temperature into a large cooking pot with the water level just above two inches and let it boil for about half an hour.
Tripuri traditional cuisine The cake is wrapped in a special leaf called ‘Lairu’. If you ever happen to visit Tripura, give this delicacy a try. Try this delicious Awan Bangui recipe and have it with spicy chutny.
The delicious cuisine is very interesting and is made only by Tribes of Tripura.