Atta halwa (wheat halwa) is a dessert prepared extensively in Himachal Pradesh. It is a very simple recipe but tastes delicious. Let us now try to make this wonderful sweet.
- atta /whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- ghee / clarified butter – 1/2 cup
- sugar – 1 cup
- milk – 1 cup
- Dry nuts to garnish
How to prepare Atta Halwa:
- Take a frying pan and ghee roast atta until golden brown.
- Heat a cup of water in another vessel and add sugar to it until it dissolves.
- Now, add roasted atta(wheat) to sugar syrup make sure you constantly stir to avoid lumps and not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Cook for a minute or two and then add milk at this stage too continue stirring, until till flour is cooked.
- Serve atta halwa hot by garnishing with dry nuts.
This a very easy to make at home. Try this today and surprise your kids with a Himachali Dessert.