Arisi Tengaay Payasam Recipe is typically a traditional Tamil Nadu style payasam recipe. Rice cooked in the flavors of jaggery, coconut, and cardamom which will satisfy your sweet buds.
- Raw rice – 150 gm
- Jaggery – 250 – 300 gm
- Poppy seeds (optional) – 25 – 50 gm
- Coconut, finely grated – 1 big
- A pinch cardamom, finely powdered
- Raisins(fried in ghee) for garnishing
Arisi Tengaay Payasam Recipe Procedure:
- In a bowl soak rice and poppy seeds separately in water. For about 3 hours.
- In a mixer/grinder, grind all of them along with freshly grated coconut. You can add water to make a fine paste.
- Keep a constant consistency. Make sure it’s not too diluted or too thick.
- Pour all these in a thick bottomed vessel and place this on the stove.
- Make sure you keep stirring carefully on medium flame. The mixture starts thickening.
- Now, add jaggery mix well so that it dissolves completely. Keep stirring until the mixture comes to the porridge consistency. Now turn off the stove.
- Sprinkle some finely powdered cardamom for flavor.
- Garnish with fried raisins.
You can serve it hot or can refrigerate for half an hour and then serve.