Nothing is peaceful like some steaming ‘arhar ki dal’ spread on a plateful of white rice. A simple everyday classicand healthy recipe. Even a new cook can master it. Every household in the Uttar pradesh is sure to have it’s own style.
- yellow lentils(1 cup)
- turmeric powder(1/2 tsp)
- salt(1 1/2 tsp)
- sugar(1 tsp )
- ginger-chopped finely(1 Tbsp )
- raw mango or amchoor powder (2-3 pieces)
- For the Tadka:
- cumin seeds (1 tsp )
- A pinch of asafoetida
- clarified butter (1 Tbsp )
- chopped green chillies (1 Tbsp )
Arhar ki Dal Process:
- First of all boil the daal in about 4 cups of water, with salt, turmeric, sugar and ginger.
- Cook until tender and completely blended.
- Now add-in amchoor and cook in simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the salted butter in a heavy-bottom pan; add a pinch of asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When they begin to crackle, add daal mixture, bring to a boil and leave on low flame for about 1-2 minute.
- Add some slitted green chilies for garnishing, serve hot with rice.