Arachu Vitta Sambar:
Arachu Vitta Sambar is a world famous curry, it is very popular at the same time very healthy.
A must try curry for all the seasons and for all the reasons.
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1/2 cup of drumsticks
- 1 cup yellow lentil (tur dal)
- 1 onion – chopped
- Salt – to taste
- 1/2 cup tamarind extract
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 6 whole red chillies
- 1/2 cup Bengal gram (yellow chana dal)
- 3 Tbsp coconut – desiccated
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sambhar powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 1/2 tsp urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi)
How to Make Arachu Vitta Sambar:
- In a pressure cooker boil the yellow dal. Cook till it gets mashed.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil and saute all the dry ingredients for 2-3 mins.
- Then, grind all these dry ingredients with some water making a paste. Keep aside.
- Take a pan and cook the drumsticks in water with a pinch of turmeric powder
- Now take another pan and heat 1 tsp of oil; saute the onions till they turn golden brown.
- To this add tomato, ground masala and the powder ingredients with some water.
- Add the drumsticks, tur dal and tamarind extract and mix well.
- Cook for 15-20 min on medium heat add 2 cups of water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a sauteing pan and add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Then mix these seasoning ingredients in the sambar and serve hot.