Alsi ki pinni recipe is a traditional sweet prepared in Haryana. It is very healthy food.
- Alsi (flax seeds or linseeds) – 500g
- Wheat flour – 500g
- Ghee – 400g
- Sugar – 750g
- Almonds – 100g
- Raisins – 100g
- Pistachios – 100g
- Cashew nuts – 100g
- Green cardamom powder 1, tsp (heaped)
- Gond (gum arabic) – 100g
Alsi Ki Pinni Recipe:
- In a pan heat and roast the alsi on medium flame till fluffs up.
- In another pan, heat ghee. To that add wheat flour and roast till light golden brown on a medium flame. Keep it aside in a plate.
- In the same pan heat ghee and fry the gond till it fluffs up. Do it in a medium flame.
- In a blender grind, the roasted alsi (flax seeds) keep aside, and grind the gond and keep aside as well.
- Finely chop the nuts and keep aside.
- In a separate pan make the sugar syrup. Add sugar with 2 cups 0f water and boil till 1 thread consistency.
- In a large pan add the wheat flour, gond, nuts, green cardamom powder, alsi mix well
- To this add the sugar syrup.
- Now quickly mix the whole batter and make balls.Grease your hand before you start.
- Store it in air tight container.