- potatoes – 3 ( peeled and chopped into finger fries or thick slices)
- onions – 1 cup ( sliced)
- cardamom – 1 black
- cinnamon bark – 1 strip
- cloves – 5-6
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- raw rice – 2 tablespoons and cardamoms – 3 green(grind them with 4 tablespoons of water)
- yogurt whisked – 6 cups
- pinch of Hing (asafetida)
- turmeric powder
- garam masala
- coriander powder
- salt to taste
Aloo Palda Recipe Procedure:
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- To this add 1 black cardamom, 1 strip of cinnamon bark, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 5-6 cloves, a pinch of Hing.
- Now add the sliced onions. fry them
- To this add 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, ¾ teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon garam masala, and salt. and cook for a minute.
- Now, add the potatoes and mix well.
- Cook with a lid on medium heat for 15 minutes till potatoes are cooked.
- As the potatoes are cooked add the ground rice with the whisked yogurt.
- Keep stirring on medium heat till the gravy comes to a boil.
- As it leaves oil at the side you can turn off the gas.
- Add salt and cilantro and serve hot.
Aloo Palda Recipe Tastes good with roti, rice.