Aktori is one of the traditional Himachali dishes. It is a kind of cake prepared for special occasions. This special dish is very simple to make and it is made by mixing the buckwheat with the wheat flour and then shaped in pancakes. You will find this dish almost in every city of Himachal Pradesh. The dish is very ancient and very popular among Himachali people.
Ingredients for Aktori:
- 1 cup – Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup – Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup – Milk
- 1/2 cup – Water
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp – Sugar
- Oil to fry
Let us learn how to prepare Aktori:
1. Take a bowl and mix buckwheat flour and wheat flour together.
2. To this add milk and water in equal quantity and mix this into a fine thick batter.
3. Now add a teaspoon of baking soda to it and again mix well.
4. Lastly, add sugar as per the taste. After this keep aside to rest for few minutes.
5. Take a frying pan and heat a tablespoon of oil.
6. Once the oil is heated up pour a ladle full of batter into the pan and spread it but thick. Cook this on low flame.
7. When small bubbles are seen on the surface of the cake, flip it over gently.
8. Cook the other side for few more minutes in low flame only.
9. Once both the sides get cooked, take it out on a plate.
10. Serve the Aktori with ghee or honey as a topping.
Aktori Cake is very delicious and tastes heavenly with honey and ghee. At the same time, it is very healthy food Recipe. Surprise your kids with Aktori and I bet they will lip-smack after eating the dish.