Bengali Aam Pora Shorbot is typical Bengali summer drink. It is made of smoked mangoes. The tasty raw mango drink with hints of smoky flavour. Smoking makes it a more cooling drink for the body. Let us try this unique drink of Bengal.
- Mango (Raw) – 6 sour variety
- Sugar or jaggery – as per taste
- Cumin (Jeera) powder – 3 tablespoons -roasted
- Black Salt (Kala Namak) – 2 teaspoons
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) – 6 sprig – use only the leaves
- Chilled water
- Ice cubes – optional
How to make Aam Pora Shorbot Recipe :
- Wash the raw mangoes and wipe them. Now, roast the mangoes on a direct flame. Let the outer skin gets charred and black. And the pulp has to become soft and fully cooked.
- Cool it to room temperature.
- Peel and discard the charred skin of the mangoes. Separate the pulp from the seed.
- Add the extracted pulp, mint leaves, black salt and roasted cumin powder in a blender and blend it to a smooth paste.
- This can be stored in an airtight glass jar/ bottles, in the refrigerator for a week.
- It is always better to use porcelain or glass containers as it is sore. Take a big mixing bowl and add enough chilled water, few tablespoons of the prepared Aam Pora Shorbot Pulp along with jaggery.
- Continuously whisk together the pulp and chilled water till the ingredients have blended well.
- Do a taste test and add the pulp accordingly.
- Remember to whisk the contents well.
- Pour into the serving glasses.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and ice cubes.
This will take to the other world! Everybody will love this mango refreshing summer juice.